"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."
Dan Corrigan, Executive Director & Founder
- Why I’m a part of Kawelle: Because it’s needed, and to do nothing would simply be a waste of talents both as a Kawelle team and of myself.
- Most embarrassing moment: I went to go hug my friend’s mother only to realize just as I was one inch from her with my arms spread open that it wasn’t her. It was his aunt who I swear could be his mom’s twin!
- The best movie of all time: Toy Story hands down! Not 2 or 3, but the original.
- Everyone should read: The Bible and It Happened on the Way to War.
- Sports or arts: It seems like they call anything with the slightest creativity art nowadays, so I would make up my own CREATIVE sport and call it the sport of ART BALL.
- Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise. It’s quiet, peaceful, and a whole new day is ahead!
Courtney McCann, Stateside Director
- Why I’m a part of Kawelle: Jackie would make me dinner.
- Most embarrassing moment: When someone realized I never made Jackie and Dan dinner.
- The best movie of all time: The Brothers Bloom and now Moonrise Kingdom.
- Everyone should read: John 3:16, your utility bill charges, and fine print.
- Sports or arts: The sport of intelligent debate or the art of dominating in four square? Toughy.
- Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise, if I also get a pal, a big comfy blanket for two, and a vanilla raspberry latte.
Jaclyn Corrigan, Assistant Director
- Why I’m a part of Kawelle: As Jesus says “Whatever you did for the least of these you did for Me” and “If you are given much, much will be required of you”
- Most embarrassing moment: haha…oh boy. Will my husband let me repeat this one!?
- The best movie of all time: Grease and Blood Diamond.
- Everyone should read: The words of Jesus, ingredient labels, Princess by Jean Sasson.
- Sports or arts: Both are stress relievers; whether it’s with a ball or paintbrush… I say give me both!
- Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise! Something euphoric about being on a dock overlooking the water, with a cup of coffee, and watching the sun peak up
Douglas Karanja, IT Center Manager & Facilitator
- Why I’m a part of Kawelle: Because Kawelle has the transformations and changes that we can see and feel.
- Most embarrassing moment: During a soccer match missing an open goal while my team needed a win to proceed.
- The best movie of all time: Mr. Bones and Blood Diamond.
- Everyone should read: Psalms 23, think big.
- Sports or arts: Sports, because they always keep me fit.
- Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise. This is where everything begins, either positive or negative.
Jeremiah Mwangi, IT Center Manager & Facilitator
- Why I’m a part of Kawelle: To serve people and their needs, because "an idle mind is a devil workshop."
- Most embarrassing moment: Oh no!...In Kenyan schools, students get checked for tidiness of their uniforms every morning. It was early Monday morning at school when the entire school was being checked on tidiness, only to realize that I was wearing the incorrect uniform with small black shorts with red patches on my back, in front of the entire school.
- The best movie of all time: George of the jungle, Detachment, and Twilight.
- Everyone should read: Proverbs 3:13-14; "Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold."
- Sports or arts: Sport, where my best talent is. Football (soccer), always in my heart.
- Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise, beginning of new things...a positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes.